Safe and enjoyable Spa experience
For your health, good Spa hygiene and the comfort of your fellow users please read and follow these simple rules. Please note that if you are booking more than one ticket, you are responsible for every member of your party to read and follow the H&S and Spa etiquette rules.
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL:
- Please note that NO UNDERWEAR or DAYWEAR is allowed in hot tubs and saunas. Fresh, clean swimwear will be available to hire at reception, subject to availability.
- Everyone must take a shower before using the facilities. Hot showers with toiletries will be provided
- Please contact us in advance if you need advice on the possibility and suitability of using the Spa due to a medical condition.
- The Spa is for over 18's. Over 12's* will be allowed in the spa providing that each is accompanied by an adult. For those lucky to look younger than 25, in accordance with our Challenge 25 policy, our staff will be required to check your ID at reception check-in. Please take this as a compliment and make sure to bring a valid ID.
*festival exemptions apply, please contact us for details and advice
- If possible, please do not bring valuables to the spa. Please bring your phone to charge if your ticket includes complimentary phone charging*.
*subject to availability, please see the relevant festival pages on our website to check what is included in your tickets. Cloak room is provided subject to each festival offer
- If possible please avoid wearing heavy make-up, body lotions and glitter. All bathers will be asked to remove all glitter before entering hot tubs.
- Please do not eat a heavy meal at least one-and-a-half hours before bathing. No food is allowed in the spa.
- Arrive 15 to 20 minutes before your time slot starts to start the check-in procedures.
- Please bear in mind that contact lenses will dry out and glasses will become very hot and should therefore not be worn in the sauna. The same applies to metal parts of watches and jewellery. You should therefore avoid bringing them into the spa.
- We advise to bring flip flops.
- One sarong towel is provided with your ticket. Please note that we are only able to provide one towel per guest. It is therefore advisable to bring an additional towel with you so you can have a dry towel to use after your session.
TYPICAL SAUNA EXPERIENCE
- Shower thoroughly before entering the sauna and hot tubs.
- Drink plenty of fresh cold water.
- Time in the sauna must not exceed 8-10 minutes followed by a cool down period.
- Sauna temperature will be kept in the region of 60°C – 95°C.
- For inexperienced bathers and senior bathers 70°C is the maximum recommended temperature for safe bathing.
- If the heat becomes uncomfortable, leave the sauna and cool down either gradually by sitting outside the sauna or take a cold shower.
- When you have cooled down you may use a hot tub or return to the sauna. Leave the sauna if you feel uncomfortable again – sauna should be a pleasurable experience.
- The hot/cold cycle can be repeated as often as comfort allows, however bathing for too long may result in nausea and dizziness so don’t overdo it.
- Drink a lot of water during and after the session
TYPICAL HOT TUB EXPERIENCE
- Shower thoroughly before entering sauna and hot tubs, NO UNDERWEAR or DAYWEAR is allowed in the hot tubs or saunas
- Drink plenty of fresh cold water
- Water temperature is maintained at 37-39°C
- You may stay in the hot tub as long as you wish during your time slot, relaxing, unwinding, listening to the fire and watching the sky
- No shampoo, soaps and oils are allowed in the tubs. Please bear in mind that the hot tub is not for cleaning your body from outside. This experience is to help you to clear your mind and to relax.
- Running, jumping and climbing on or in the vicinity of the hot tub is strongly discouraged
- Please do not swallow the spa water
- Please do not submerge your head
YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SPA IF:
- If you have a serious illness, such as a heart condition, high or low blood pressure, respiratory condition, or any other medical condition which may affect your reaction to heat
- If taking medication for any of the above conditions
- Are susceptible to migraines – sauna and hot water can heighten your condition
- Have had diarrhea within the last 14 days
- Have a contagious disease, infectious skin condition, open sores or wounds
- Have an illness causing an inability to perspire
- Have had a heavy meal within one-and-a-half hours
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- If you are unsure as to the advisability of using saunas or hot tubs please contact your GP
We reserve the right to refuse your entry into the Spa without the possibility of refund if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs OR if your behaviour is disruptive to other guests and our staff.
Thank you for helping us bring you a safe and enjoyable spa experience by respecting the Spa Etiquette.
We look forward to pampering you soon,
Alexandra, Bart & the Gang of Bathing under the Sky