About our hot tubs
The experiences garnered during the years of providing bathing to thousands of satisfied clients and guests have reaped benefits in understanding what works and what is loved:
We offer only hot tubs made from western red cedar (Thuja Plicata).
- Western red cedar is famed for its extraordinary durability and resistance to decay. It is the first choice of wood in areas with severe winters and hot summers. Frankly, a hot tub made from Western red cedar will serve you many years and will remain beautiful and troublefree
- Western red cedar has a very low coefficient of expansion. So, unlike other soft woods such larch or spruce, it does not shrink, swell or warp excessively, even when subjected to changing degrees of temperature and moisture
- Western red cedar has prime insulating qualities, which makes our hot tubs very economical to heat
- Its pleasing odour is repellent to moths, insects and vermin
- And of course it is very beautiful to look at. So if you are looking for the best material possible, western red cedar is the answer.
We offer only wood-fired hot tubs.
- It is the most economical and eco-friendly option, not to mention the atmosphere it provides. It takes around 4-5 hours and no more than 4 bags of wood (the size you can get from a petrol station) to heat the water to the desired 38°C. In comparison, it takes 24-36 hours to heat the water using a heater powered by electricity
- Unlike electric-heaters, your wood-fired hot tub requires no qualified electrician for instalment. No service and regular checks are needed during the years to follow. This means the price you pay when purchasing a wood-fired hot tub is the final price
- Heating using wood is part of the ritual, it is an integral part of the build-up to the eventual relaxing experience. As the temperature rises so does the thrill
We offer only heaters placed internally and do not recommend external, so-called Chofu heaters.
- The fully immersed wood-burning stoves are completely beneath the water, there is no energy loss. All the heat is transferred to the water directly. This makes heating faster and more efficient
- Fully immersed heaters are also safe for everyone. As the heater is instantly cooled down by the water, there is no risk of burning of the bathers in the tub and the people in the vicinity of the tub. External stoves get very hot
- The ruthless simplicity of this pipe-free system promises complete reliability. The Chofu-system necessarily penetrates the side wall of the hot tub with potential leakage and other problems which immersed burners are not vulnerable to
Our standard wood-fired hot tubs are equipped with NO jets and filters.
- Pipes and jets offer cozy environment for bacteria to grow as these parts are not possible to reach & scrub mechanically during cleaning. Aggressive chemicals are therefore needed to tackle the biofilm formed by millions of bacteria in pipes and jets
- Chemicals are often irritating to skin and eyes. And add to the cost
- For reasons mentioned in the heating section above, we recommend avoiding complicated configurations and get a hot tub independent from electricity
- We like to listen to crackling of the fire rather than monotone noise of engines