Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
- purchase a ticket to one of our events, we will use the information you provide us to fulfil our obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where you’ve told us to, keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
What information we have and where we collect it from.
We collect and store different types of information about you when you create an account, buy tickets, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media.
How we use your information.
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you get into the show, sharing news, for marketing, to fulfill deliveries and queries and as otherwise required by law.
Who we share information with.
We may share your information with our Partner(s) - such as the festival organiser (of the festival that you purchase Bathing under the Sky tickets for); workshop provider; additional services provider (such as our massage therapist if you book a massage) - relevant to the purchase/enquiry that you are making with us.
Your choices and rights.
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
How we look after your information.
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
Questions and feedback.
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us - contact details are provided below.
WHAT INFORMATION WE HAVE & WHERE WE GET IT
- When you purchase a ticket or a product from us, we will collect your contact and billing information.
- If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
- We use Google Analytics like many other websites. The information we collect includes: Internet Protocol addresses (IP), Types of browser, Date and time stamp, Referring and exit pages, Number of clicks, Length of visit, Number of pages visited, Location (city or town).
- All of this information, which is not linked to anything that is personally identifiable will help us improve our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION & WHY
This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
1. For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy a ticket or one of our products) so we can:
- process your order
- take payment
- provide you with customer support
- deliver a product/service
2. For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services via the use of Google Analytics.
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section below).
- To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders.
- To answer your query if you send us a question
- To process your application if you apply for a festival volunteer position or job
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. As such, we may use your information to prevent misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner's brands), fraud, or other crimes.
WHERE YOU’VE GIVEN YOUR CONSENT
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email or social media platforms.
- We give our users the option to subscribe to our newsletter by providing an email address to receive communication from us via MailChimp. We use a secure op-in subscription system and we reserve the right to contact subscribers with information related to this website, our blog and our services. Subscribers may unsubscribe anytime and every email delivered will contain an “Unsubscribe” link.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH & WHY
- With some of our Festival Partners, we may need to report spa sales due to our contract obligations. We will give them information such as the number of bookings, tickets and additional services purchased in order to fulfil our financial obligations to them. Your personal date will not be shared unless you have given consent for us to share this information.
- If you apply for a volunteer role at one of our festivals, we will need to complete a festival accreditation form in order for you to receive the festival ticket and gain entry into the site. This would typically include your full name and contact details as ID checks will be required to gain entry.
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as website platform providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g. workshops) so that they can process and fulfil your orders.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of our business.
YOUR CHOICES & RIGHTS
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following.
- To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences by following the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- Google Analytics - the log data specified in the previous section is stored here for us to better understand and visualise it.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us
LOOKING AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy,
please contact our dedicated Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s also the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.
Tuesday 22nd May 2018