About our barrel saunas
Our standard size wood-fired western red cedar & stainless steel barrel saunas are 2.10 metres in diameter and 2.7 metres long, the wood is 47 mm thick. They seat up to 6 adults comfortably.
Our saunas are robust and suitable for frequent, heavy duty use. They are made without the use of glue or sealant which produce unhealthy fumes when exposed to hot temperatures.
We offer only barrel saunas made from Western red cedar (Thuja Plicata).
- Western red cedar is famed for its extraordinary durability and resistance to decay. It is the first choice of wood in areas with severe winters and hot summers. Frankly, a sauna made from western red cedar will serve you many years and will remain beautiful and troublefree
- Western red cedar has a very low coefficient of expansion. So, unlike other soft woods such larch or spruce, it does not shrink, swell or warp excessively, even when subjected to changing degrees of temperature and moisture
- Western red cedar has prime insulating qualities, which make our saunas very economical to heat
- Its pleasing odour is repellent to moths, insects and vermin
- And of course it is very beautiful to look at. So if you are looking for the best material possible, western red cedar is the answer.
For more interesting facts about western red cedar please click here