Join our crew of volunteers an becoming part of a loving team. Anyone can volunteer as long as you're willing to work hard, provide excellent customer service to our guests and support your fellow team members.
What we offer & provide:
You’ll have a chance to be at the best and sold-out UK festivals as part of an amazing team of like-minded people. In exchange for your work, you’ll have a
free entry ticket to the festival and an opportunity to use our spa facilities outside of your working hours without limit (subject to availability).
Mobile phone charging facilites are provided to all crew.
You will also be able to invite one friend to enjoy the whole Spa experience with you, including sparkling wine served to you to your hot tub by the Company Directors. At the end of the festival, the Company Directors provide a meal for the whole crew as a celebratory treat (Festival dependent, subject to availability of time).
Volunteer roles can lead to paid positions.
Your duties may vary but will generally involve:
- Helping with maintaining cleanliness of the spa area during opening hours
- Being the first point of contact at reception
- Taking customers across after check-in and explaining what to do
- Checking wristbands
- Serving sparkling wine and water
- Operating the phone charging station and cloak room
- Monitoring safety and observing whether spa rules are being followed
You will be in direct contact with spa guests, providing a premium service they expect from Bathing under the Sky. Special attention for each bather is paramount to our brand and this level of customer care is expected from each volunteer.
- You have to bring your own tent. You need to be prepared for all weather conditions, just like regular punters. You will be on your feet for six hours so you need to bring sensible footwear, warm clothes and a waterproof jacket.
- Please note that we are not able to help with your transport to/from festival and are not able to help with the cost of travel. We recommend using travel-share schemes each festival promotes.
- With the exception of free tea and coffee, we do not provide any meals or meal vouchers during the festival and we are unable to offer you a financial contribution towards your expenses at the festival.
- We will need you to arrive one day before the festival opens to the public. Volunteers will work 6-hour shifts each day. The shift schedule can be subject to change but the total hours will not exceed the usual 24 hours for a 4-day festival.
- Please be aware that the Spa is usually open from 8am until 8pm*. You will receive your shift patterns on site each day. You can change your shifts with another volunteer if it clashes with a performance you'd like to see. However, you will be responsible for finding someone who is prepared to swap with you and you’ll need to check the new arrangement with the Spa management first.
*this may vary by festival with longer opening hours a possibility
We require a deposit of £190 which will secure your festival ticket and space on our team. If you’re attending more than one festival, only one deposit is necessary and it will be returned after your last festival. The deposit is due 6-8 weeks before your first festival.
We will return this deposit within one week after the festival, providing you worked your shifts as required.
Some of the festivals are very popular and we have a lot of people interested in working with us therefore we will give preference to people willing to work at more than one festival.
Please apply as soon as possible using our query form by telling us:
- Something about you
- Whether you have attended/volunteered at festivals before or whether you have any other work experience that may be relevant
- Which festivals you wish to join
- How you plan to travel to the site
To apply or if you have any questions, please email Alex junior using our QUERY FORM.
You will receive the Volunteer Pack and will be put on the list for your chosen festival/s. We will contact you again 6 to 8 weeks before the first festival and ask you to process the deposit payment by a given deadline.
Once the deposit is paid, your space is guaranteed and you will be sent your festival accreditation approx. 1 week before each event.
- Geronimo Festival, 25-28 May, Arley Hall, Cheshire: arrival on Thursday, please note that the spa is open on Monday
- Isle of Wight Festival, 21-24 June, Isle of Wight: spa open Fri to Sun only, arrival on Thursday
- Timber, 6-8 July, The National Forest: spa open Sat & Sun only, arrival on Friday
- Womad, 26-29 July, Charlton Park, Wiltshire: we are currently operating a waiting list due to very limited space
- Wilderness, 2-5 August, Cornbury Park, Cotswolds: arrival on Wednesday
- Green Man Festival, 16-19 August, Brecon Beacons, Wales: arrival on Wednesday
- Lost Village, 23-26 August, Lincolnshire: spa open Fri to Sun only, arrival on Thursday -> WE'RE FULL UP BUT GET IN TOUCH FOR WAITITNG LIST
- Festival No6, 6-9 September, Portmeirion, Wales: spa open Fri to Sun only, arrival on Thursday -> WE'RE FULL UP BUT GET IN TOUCH FOR WAITITNG LIST
Important information about your data:
If your application is successful and you become a festival volunteer we will need to complete a festival accreditation form in order for you to receive the festival ticket and gain entry into the site. This would typically include your full name and contact details as ID checks will be required to gain entry to the Festival site.
Please read our full Privacy Police here.